- Summer Students for Programming and grounds positions (through Canada Summer Jobs) Summer Programming Assistant, summer ground assistant
- Summer Students through Summer Experience Program Summer Programming and ground assistant SEP
- Summer Student for Collection and Archival positions (through Young Canada Works) Summer Exhibits Assistant, summer archival assistant, Summer collection assistant
- Interpreter -part time, union position Interpreter Job Posting union
- Please send all resumes and cover letters by email to: email@example.com
Acting Executive Director
Clarington Museums and Archives
62 Temperance Street
A Very Special Thanks to all of our dedicated, hard-working and passionate volunteers who give of their time, talents and knowledge, each and every day here at Clarington Museums!!
It is through you that Clarington Museums is a vibrant hub of Heritage Learning for the whole Community!
If you are currently not a volunteer, please read more below, about how you can become a volunteer and the area(s) you would like to contribute. You can speak to us in person by calling 905-623-2734 or dropping in to the Sarah Jane Williams Heritage Centre, located at: 62 Temperance Street, Bowmanville L1C 3A8
Share Your Knowledge and Passion for History with Others
Volunteers assist in many areas at Clarington Musuems. Thanks to the enthusiasm and effort of volunteers, we are able to enhance our programs, support special events, better manage our collections, and provide guests with a great experience. Training is provided.
There are many positive effects to volunteering:
- Socialize and connect to other people
- Learn or develop a new skill
- Put existing skills to use
- Increase employment options
- Support the community
- Discover new interests and talents
- Meet a diverse range of people
- Experience a sense of achievement
- Reduce stress and increase health
- Put your passion for history to work
- Inspire others and make a difference
Benefits for Volunteers of Clarington Musuems
- Volunteers receive a 10% discount on regularly priced gift shop items
- Volunteers receive orientation and training specific to the work they will be doing
- All volunteers are included in the annual volunteer appreciation banquet
- Volunteers have the opportunity to be promoted to positions of increasing responsibility where new work skills can be learned and developed
- Volunteers will have the chance to work directly with industry professionals, museum collections, and beautiful historic buildings and landscapes
- Volunteers receive free admission to all three sites
- Volunteers help to preserve and protect the tangible and intangible history of the Municipality of Clarington.
Examples of Volunteer Opportunities
There are a number of volunteer opportunities available at Clarington Musuems, whether you want to work at one of our special events, in a historic building, or even behind-the-scenes on a research project.
- Landscape maintenance and gardening
- Tour guides
- Research assistants
- Special event helpers
- Administrative tasks
- Assisting with Children’s educational programming, parties and day camps
- Assisting with fundraising , marketing, and development projects
- Guest lecturing in an area of expertise
We are always open to hearing about new ideas, so if you have something you would like to contribute through our volunteer program, please get in touch with us and tell us about your thoughts.
Are you looking for volunteer opportunities for your community, youth, family, church, or corporate group? Are you looking for team building, company exposure or a new way to connect with family and friends?
Clarington Museums has a number of activities that are ideal for group volunteering:
- Meet up and help with an afternoon of grounds maintenance and clean up
- Put together a team and assist with food services and activity centres at one of our special events
- Help with set-up and tear-down for special events
If you would like more information about group volunteering please contact us at 905-623-2734.
Seniors Celebrating History
Many of today’s older adults are the founders of non-profit organizations and social movements that have played a fundamental role in the shaping of Canadian Society and establishing community services.
Clarington Museums is committed to providing this multifacetedgroup with volunteer experiences that are meaningful, enjoyable, and targeted towards the specific needs of older adults. We do this by providing:
Flexible Scheduling – We promote scheduling that works with life. Shorter shifts, monthly or bi-monthly shifts, or regualr weekly shifts can all be accommodated according to needs. Help as much as you are able.
Organization – Older adults appreciate efficient and effective volunteer management. Members of the Seniors Celebrating History Group can expect support through volunteer handbooks, orientation sessions, individualized training, and annual check-ins.
Meaningful Engagement- We believe in matching our volunteer’s skills, interest, and passions with work that will be engaging and valuable to the organization and the community.
Loyalty – We have volunteers that have been with us for 20 + years.
Leadership Opportunities Volunteers in the group are encouraged to take on leadership roles, and assist with the training of new volunteers.
We would love to welcome more volunteers to our Seniors Celebrating History family.
Please contact us for more information.
How to Apply to Become a Volunteer
Step 1 – Application form
Complete and return the application form.
Application form can be downloaded HERE
Step 2 – Interview
Once your application has been reviewed, we will contact you to schedule an individual interview. During the interview we will review the types of volunteer roles currently available and provide you with information about our volunteer training program.
Police Record Checks
All volunteers must provide a Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (dated within the last 3-months). There is a reduced fee available for individuals obtaining checks for volunteer purposes. Following your interview, Clarington Museums can provide you with a letter to ensure you receive the reduced volunteer rate.